Tag #3!



I have another tag for you guys! Tags are fun to do and especially when you get questions that will force you to think about books, books and more books because come on, who doesn't like a good mind spin around.. books?
I certainly do and that is why I decided to take on the 'Love it or hate it' tag. This tag contains 13 lovely questions that will ask me about books I love, books that I hate, characters I want to marry and characters I would rather overrun with a taxi. Or a monstertruck.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun and I enjoyed answering the questions so keep reading to see whether I could keep my emotions in control or if I freaked out.


1. Top 3 favourite books?
Why would you start out with this one. Why. This enquires some serious thinking. I'm not really sure how to interpredit this one, because do I have to go from 3 to 1 or can I just name three favourites? I'll go for that last option then.
Three of my favourite books include Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling, The Fault in Our Stars by the wonderful John Green and last but not least, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Was that predictable? Probably. Oh well.

2. Top 3 least favourite books?
This is tricky because I barely ever finish a book when I don't like it. I know, I know, not the smartest thing to do since I do have to be able to come up with some valid arguments, but reading a book takes times and I'd rather spend that time on reading a good book.
But I guess three of my least favourite books would be One Day by Nicholas Sparks, any bad parody on one of Jane Austen's novels and a dutch literary work that was written in the Middle-Ages (not my slice of pizza).
Not the most accurate examples but I haven't really read a book that made me feel like throwing the book across the room and screaming 'WHERE HAS IT GONE WITH THE WORLD'.

3. Top 3 favourite characters?
Now this is an easy one. Emma Woodhouse from Jane Austen's Emma, Four from the Divergent trilogy and either Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice or simply Gus from TFIOS. Or Jace, Warner, Ron Weasley...
Maybe not that easy after all.

4. Top 3 least favourite characters?
I wouldn't say least favourite, more like characters who let me down during the course of the book.
If that would be the question, I'd say Hana from the Delirium trilogy, Margo from Paper Towns and Gale from THG. Hana seemed so rebellious and fearless and then she just accepted the cure and became this boring person. She made Lena look stronger, but still.
As for Margo, she was weird and I couldn't identify with her at all. Paper Towns isn't my favourite book by John Green and I suppose that Margo's character contributes to why.
And then Gale. I have never been a huge THG fan, I still have to read the last book and there is something about the hype around this series that I just don't understand. Gale is, to me, a somewhat weaker character and I just want him to step up and take control.

5. Biggest let-down?
The first book that comes to mind when reading this question is 'The Perks of Being A Wallflower' by Stephen Chbosky. Maybe I just have to reread that book, but it didn't quite catch my full attention when I was reading this for the first time.
I know that many people adore this book, but I'm not sure about it. I suppose it does deserve a reread, so hopefully I'll pick it up again soon.

6. Books that you liked that other people hated?
It depends on what kind of people. If I look at classmates, advanced readers or just the entire world, it will change because I'd address a different kind of group.
I love Twilight and I will shamelessly admit that.
Then I also adore classics, especially Jane Austen's novels and there are enough teens (also fellow students) who will happily disagree with me.

7. Characters that people love but you hated?
Alec Lightwood from City of Bones? I don't really know what people think of him to be honest, but I don't really like the guy. I do like the fact that he is gay and dating Magnus Bane though. That is just adorable.

8. Characters that people hate but you loved?
I have no idea. Sorry.

9. Best Quotes?
This might be a bit weird since I told you that Paper Towns isn't my favourite John Green book, but I did like this quote: “Margo always loved mysteries. And in everything that came afterward, I could never stop thinking that maybe she loved mysteries so much that she became one.” 

And what would this question be without a quote from Pride and Prejudice: "Compared with some families, I believe we were; but such of us as wished to learn, never wanted the means. We were always encouraged to read, and had all the masters that were necessary. Those who chose to be idle, certainly might."
This is a quote from Elizabeth and I just love her sharp comments and her bravery to speak up for her family.

10. Worst Quotes?
A book that has been badly written only consists of bad quotes, but I don't think that there are any horrible quotes. This because every writer and every reader interprets a certain sentence in a different way. It can either speak to you or not at all and therefore I cannot say that I hate a particular group of words.
I do dislike the quotes that get so blown up by everyone that it becomes so standard and that it loses its beauty.

11. Books you didn't finish?
One Day by Nicholas Sparks, Dash and Lily's Book of Dares (only when reading it the first time, I picked it up again this summer and finished & loved it) by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

12. What book have you read the most times?
Pride and Prejudice, Twilight (only the first one) and Harry Potter.

13. Series where the first book was amazing but went downhill from there?
Never happened to me.

I hope you enjoyed reading my answers and learning a bit more about my favourites or the books I dislike, a new book haul will be up on Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dank je wel voor het reageren! :)