Story Sunday #1. Chapter: 'Paraphrasing myself'.

I like to tell stories. I like to write stories. I like to think about life, what we are doing and where we are going. I appreciate the fact that I have a safe home, that I have an education and a good future ahead of me, but only if I keep paying attention to what is happening around me.

I know that I am not perfect, but I am a perfectionist. I care too much, too often, too strongly, about what everyone is feeling, thinking or hoping. 
I get insecure when someone seems to be mad at me. I don't want anyone to be mad at me. I hate thinking that I have done something wrong, when I'm probably just overreacting. 

Because that is something else I am fairly good at. Turning a ladybug into a giraffe. I overreact because I care too much. It's an ongoing circle.


But then again I am insecure about everything I say, everything I do and everything that I am. I am afraid to say that I know something because I am afraid that people will label me. 
I am afraid to truely show my skills, because I am afraid that they won't be good enough anyway. 

But I am also strong. I know what I want, who my friends are and where I belong. I told myself to start enjoying the little moments, and that is what I am doing now. I am enjoying my last year of high school and I am enjoying growing up. I like the fact that people start treating me differently, because they know that I am capable of conversating and reasoning.

I love the fact that I have found a great group of friends who have, miraculously, accepted me for who I am. Because I still haven't, and that is something I need to work on. Learn to love myself. It will always be easier said than done, but I am trying to be postive and see the good things in life. 

And you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dank je wel voor het reageren! :)