Tag #4!


Whenever an important test is coming up, it's pretty much all I can think about for the entire week. It's stressful because I know I can do it and I hate failing.
I also have some things to do, I have to work and I hope to be able to find some time for reading, because that is the thing that allows me to escape reality for a while.
Anyway, I saw Soesja's post and I figured it would be a fun tag to do and for you guys to read!

Favourite book: I can't choose one. Impossible. I loved A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaleid Hosseini, TFIOS by John Green and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I adore every Jane Austen novel and Hosseini's book was just beautiful because it shows a completely different way of life. I'd recommend it to everyone who wants to read a book that is very realistic and takes place in Afghanistan / Iran, it has beautiful characters and a confronting storyline.


Favourite quote: 'In this body you will live, in this body you will die. Where you invest your love, you invest your life' from Mumford & Sons' Awake My Soul. Beautiful band, beautiful song.

English or Math: ENGLISH. Obviously, since I am planning on studying English Language & Culture next year. Math is a subject that I only like when I actually understand everything, which is something that barely ever happens.

Science or Art: I have zero interest in science, so I'll choose art. I also follow art classes in school right now, which were fun two years ago but now all we do is theoretical stuff and that is boring.

Name five music artists or albums that changed your life: Hmm. The Jonas Brothers as first band because they pretty much defined my youth and first teenage years. I had so much fun being their fan and I met quite a few awesome people because of them. Then I'd name Ed Sheeran because he is nothing but a genius, Mumford & Sons because their music belongs to my absolute favourite music. Everything they do is beautiful.
The other two might appear somewhere in the future, because I couldn't name them right now.

Favourite & least favourite subjects at school: my favourite subject is english and my least favourite is economics. Easy choices.

Favourite ‘Celebrity with a brain': Jennifer Lawrence without a doubt. I love that lady. Or Benedict Cumberbatch, but I don't know if it's because he plays Sherlock in the BBC series or if he really is smart..

If you could study anything anywhere, what would it be? The english language in England. Surprising? I don't think so. I would also love to study in New Zealand or Australia.

What’s your nerdy little secret? To you guys, or to people around me? Because if I meet someone new and I tell them that I read a lot, they often find that a nerdy thing. I'm proud of it, so I don't care, but if being a grammar control freak is nerdy, then I'll take that as a nerdy secret. I can't stand grammar mistakes.

Name some things that you’re obsessed with that other people would find strange or geeky: The history of the english literature? I'm also starting to become obsessed with runescape, the online game. Is that strange, being a 17-year-old girl?

Name five people (excluding friends and family) who inspire you: Demi Lovato because of her incredible story, Ed Sheeran because he is who he is and never tries too hard, Colin Firth because I absolutely love him as a person and as an actor and Helena Bonham Carter because she is an amazing actress, she is fun, married to one of the best film directors of all time and the Bellatrix thing.
And I can't come up with a fifth person, sorry!

Who’s your intellectual soulmate? I have pretty awesome friends, who all like the same music as I do and speak english every now and then. I enjoy talking with people who know what is happening in the world (intellectual conversations) and who read, because that is something I just really like talking about.
Luckily I have quite a few friends who enjoy music, reading, watching movies and the english language so I'm all set.

Such a fun tag to do! I loved the geeky questions (makes me proud of my nerdy self) and don't hold yourself back, please do copy this tag and fill it in yourself! I'd love to see your answers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laurien! Just saw you on Goodreads. I followed you via goodreads bloglovin twitter. I would love for you to follow back Mina's Bookshelf http://minadecaro.blogspot.com I am also on Facebook http://facebook.com/MinasBookshelf and Twitter http://twitter.com/MinaDeCaro Hope you'll like/follow! Many thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Dank je wel voor het reageren! :)